Monday, January 10, 2005

Restaurant Review

I'm going to make this quick because I''m a little tired from God knows what. Sunday my uncle and I went to The Red Fish off of O'Donell St. in B-more. On a star level, I give it a 2 out of 4. Why? The proportions were small, food was expensive, and the taste of the food was a bit to be desired. However, all of these factors make Red Fish a good date restaurant because ladies, you can order what the hell you want without feeling self-conscious. Y'all know how you do "Oh, I'll just have a salad..." and during the end of the date, both you and the man can hear your stomach going "rrrw-rrwww-RRRRWW!" Fellas, the spot is expensive, but intimate. It will it you in the pocket, but at least you don't have to worry about your neighbors next table listening in when you say "well, I still cry when I watch the Black Stallion". Taste-wise, the food was better than average but very decorative. The chef splashed the plates with cut little pasta hearts and caramel glaze and all that shit. I personally hate that because I feel bad about eating it since its so decorative.

So if you dont feel like dealing with the headache of the Cheesecake Factory or other one of those downtown spots, get in the car and drive the 10 blocks and head towards Canton. The Red Fish is the spot with the neon sign across from the High's. (You know what? If you get your date drunk BEFOREHAND , you can take her to High's and get her a 6 hour old hot dog and big ass drink for about $4.)

1 comment:

Blonde Ambition said...

I ahve never in my life ordered just salad on a date....I am not shy about my food...I thoroughly enjoy it and the experience of really good food and the hell with everybody else! lmao