Saturday, November 27, 2004

Friday's Thanksgiving

My long-time friend WorldofThought invited me over his house for an alternative Thanksgiving feast. Apparently, he and his uncle's signals got crossed as far as who was going to cook on Thanksgiving. Uncle won out, so Thanksgiving II was on Friday. I took my son over there and we both had a great time. I reminisced while he played with WorldofThought's kids. I had not seen WorldofThought's parents in about 5 years so it was great to see them again. They had a huge influence on raising me whether they know it or not. My blood family members have referred to them as my Other Parents. We both except that title mutually. It was an odd feeling though, because even though it was the norm that my son and I were there together without my wife, it still felt weird not having her implicit presence there. It was very saddening and I was told today by a good friend that I need to forgive myself for all of the deceitful and selfish things I've done to my wife no matter how bad they were.

So what was I thankful for? I was thankful for seeing my Other Parents, thankful that my brother in life WorldofThought isn't and hasn't gone thru the dumb shit I'm going thru, I was thankful that there were happy, healthy people there who made me feel the same.

No comments: