Sunday, November 21, 2004

Cub Scout Spirit

Today is a day for chilling. I don't any better way to relax than waking up on Sunday during football season. I get up, do chores, watch pre-game shows, and then the main events. I think the only thing better than that would be to have all of that, wake up with a beautiful woman lying next to you, and NOT having to do those chores because you are vacationing. **sigh**

But thats not the case today. Today the Cub Scouts are going to rake leaves for elder families. We had a surprisingly large turn-out minus the dads who were glued to the tv sets for the game. Damn I was jealous.

I was jealous, but not for long. Raking those leaves made me think about a lot of things. We had fun and it was tough keeping the kids focused, but they helped too. The hard work and fun kept me from thinking too too much. Things that I thought about; the fact that my son wasn't there with me hurt because it was my fault. The fact that some of the things I've done to someone else have ripped them from the inside out. And here I am, using one of my favorite days of the week to do a good deed for someone I don't even know. The epitome of an oxymoron.

No comments: