Saturday, May 10, 2003

Revelation

Im distraught. I am sooooo grateful that I have a woman, because it looks like light-skinned is coming back!!! DAyum!!Man, it seems like yesterday when I was in high school and all the girls had El DeBarge and Al B Sure posters in there lockers. Now, the first signs are appearing of the resurrection the the light-skinned man...even on here!!I blame it on the latinos. The 90s was the beginining of kool decade of La Vida Loca and the Marcarena. Sistas were like "damn, that Puerto Rican dude is kinda cute". See? That reminded them of the bad ol days of DeBarge and dem. One of my favorite people in the world seems to find that light caramel complexion particularly appealling. DAng! How do I know its coming?

1.) Harry Belafonte: when we dark-skinned men were in style, there was a lot of Sidney Portier movies being shown on BET. Now its back to Harry. Hmmmm....
2.) Maybe its just me, but if I hear "All This Love" one more time on the old school station.....
3.) Right here on Mixed (mixedrace.com): Look at the Top Ten. Not ONE dark-skinned man on there!! Why aint I on there? I used to be hot, now I a "Cool 5". Shiiiiiit!!
4.) Sean Paul: Now, a few years ago, everyone would have questioned if that kat was Jamaican or not. Now, who cares?? Hes cute as hell, right? **sigh**Im just kidding yall. Its actually great that we as a people (all of us) can find the beauty of others who are different than us. This site exemplifies that. But if I see another page on MG (migente.com) with Sean Paul on it........

No comments: