Friday, August 12, 2005

I Love Her

Since the first time I met her, I realized that when I grow up, I wanted to be her Sugar Daddy. Come into the crib and incidentally hear her singing an improptu verse in a jazzed-up Swiss yodel or humming like the sista-who-really-isn't-a-sista over a sink full of dirty dishes. I think about her during DC traffic jams, nights when instead of watching "The Latest Reality Show" I could be wrapped helplessly in vibes like a helpless fish caught by a kaleidoscopic octopus. Yet I'd be accepting and enchanted.
She no longer lives near me; she is now a resident of the Great Metropolis. A place where even she can be considered somewhat typical. I'm sure she weaves her spells to others in the Great Metropolis in the same calculating matter; some of her "victims" unsuspecting, others prepare for the hex with a smile. However, every now and then she comes home. Her visits are short and sometimes a surprise. And even though I've been under her spell for a few years, I was angered by the fact that I missed my opportunity to be hypnotized once again. Seduced and left sitting in place with a preposterous grin on my face as evidence. It was my turn again and I missed her. It won't happen again. And the next time I see her, I will make sure she leaves with me, permanently. For I will be prepared and have MY OWN set of spells ready to cast upon the doors of her soul. The relationship will no longer be hapless victim to siren, it will be Sugar Daddy to maven.

Ok...so that was a little over the top; but I am definitely infatuated with this woman's musical style. When I saw her give a solo on piano, I was blown. Not just because it sounded so good, but because she sounded good AND had the flu AND just finished driving down from NYC to DC during both cities rush hours. That's the type of heart I like in a woman. Hmmm...I wonder if she knows how to make waffles in high heels? **smile with evil laugh**

6 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Brother Kojak said...

Ok, now that I got that outta my system, NG, thanks. I that's how much I feel her. Her music does something to me that most people keep bottled up for years. Somehow I came up with the words to describe that feeling.

Brother Kojak said...

Oh now see....my lack of culture is showing. Who is/was Eva Cassidy?

TheManagement said...

Amazing amazing amazing sound, I will be looking for that one!!

Hmmm..waffles in high heels huh?

Brother Kojak said...

mmmm HMM!